The Chicago Philharmonic Society’s artistic decisions are determined by several musician-led forces of the organization:
- Artistic Programming and Policies Committee (Guillermo Bublik and Bobby Evereson, Co-Chairs): Plans and develops the programming of Chicago Philharmonic concerts, including repertoire, conductors, soloists, and venues. Click here for a list of all members of the committee.
- Musician Personnel Policies and Procedures Committee (Reed Capshaw, Chair): Develops and implements the terms of the personnel manual of The Chicago Philharmonic Society and manages invitations for musician membership. Click here for a list of all members of the committee.
- Musicians Advisory Council: Provides feedback to management and the board concerning The Chicago Philharmonic Society’s musical policies and activities. Includes a broader group of Society musician members. Click here for a list of all members of the council.
- Scott Speck, Artistic Director: Provides input for all artistic matters of the organization, including repertoire, guest performers, and collaborations. Serves as principal conductor for the Chicago Philharmonic. Click here to read Scott Speck’s bio.
- Jim Berkenstock, Artistic Advisor: Provides input for all artistic matters of the organization, including repertoire, guest performers, collaborations, and beyond. An original founding member of The Chicago Philharmonic Society, former board chair, and leading Chicago-area musician. Click here to read Jim Berkenstock’s bio.
- Donna Milanovich, Executive Director: Works in close contact with committees and the artistic director. Oversees the execution of repertoire and personnel decisions made by the organization. Click here to read Donna Milanovich’s bio.
Click here for a list of conductors who work with the Chicago Philharmonic.