The Chicago Philharmonic Society is a unique, musician-governed organization presenting top-level symphonic and chamber concerts at venues around the Chicago area. Our educational outreach initiatives reach over 1,000 participants yearly, and we are a proud partner of the Ravinia Festival, Joffrey Ballet, and other arts organizations. Our committed administrative team works out of our office in the Chicago Loop to make the powerful musical experiences that we produce possible.
The Chicago Philharmonic Society is seeking an amicable, detail-oriented writer and self-starter to join our administrative team.
• Develop and execute development strategy, including annual and long-range goals for grants, individual contributions, and sponsorship
• Write applications – comprised of project descriptions, budgets, etc. – for grants offered by foundations, government agencies, and corporations
• Develop and sell sponsorship packages for concerts and outreach programs
• Write materials and compile recipients lists for annual individual fundraising campaigns
• Oversee individual major gifts strategy
• Research and track new grant and sponsorship opportunities
• Create, track, and report on annual development budget
• Cultivate relationships with funders, including institutions and individuals
• Report periodically to board regarding development efforts and progress toward goals, and serve as staff liaison to Development Committee of the board
• Provide occasional concert-day assistance
• Editorial review of large organizational writing projects (e.g. for-hire contracts)
• Miscellaneous administrative duties in marketing, operations, and other areas as needed
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor/master’s degree in arts administration, music, nonprofit management, writing, law degree or other related field
• At least two years’ experience in development/grant writing for musical, artistic, or other nonprofits
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong attention to detail
• Knowledge of orchestral/classical music a plus
• Proficiency in Ovation, Tessitura, Access, and/or other donor database software
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: at least 2 years development/grantwriting experience
To apply, email email@example.com with your CV/resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
To view a PDF of the Development Coordinator job description, click here.