The Chicago Philharmonic Society is a unique, musician-governed organization presenting top-level symphonic and chamber concerts at venues around the Chicago area. We are a Resident Company at the Harris Theater in Chicago and present concerts at Pick-Staiger Hall in Evanston, North Shore Center for the Performing Arts in Skokie, and chamber music concerts throughout Chicago. The Chicago Philharmonic is a proud partner of the Ravinia Festival, Joffrey Ballet, and other arts organizations. Our educational outreach initiatives reach over 1,000 participants yearly. Our committed administrative team works out of our office in the Chicago Loop guided by our five musician committees and Music Advisory Council with close to 200 musician members to help create powerful musical experiences.
Outreach and Concert Assistant
The Chicago Philharmonic is seeking a detail-oriented, organized and diplomatic self-starter to join our administrative team.
Education and Community Outreach
- Facilitate and manage our in-school AMP Mentorship Program, Side by Side community concerts, Next!, and Spotlight student performer programs
- Work closely with Personnel and Operations Director to coordinate with schools for scheduling, artistic needs, resources, securing Chicago Philharmonic musicians mentors, and other tasks as assigned
- Maintain accurate records of all activities. Assist Development Manager in grant-related reporting
Concert Management Assistance
- Assist the Personnel and Operations Director in concert related activities including: production logistics, scheduling, stage management for rehearsals and performances, and other tasks as assigned
- Responsible for guest artist management including travel arrangements, hospitality, and scheduling
- Assist in communication to musicians, music librarians, guest artists and conductors, and Chicago Philharmonic staff
- Some evening and weekend hours required
Special Project Management Support
- Assist Executive Director and administrative staff in research and development of special long and short-term projects
- Provide administrative support by scheduling meetings, preparing meeting agendas, taking and distributing meeting minutes, and maintaining records when needed
- Assist in creating and updating project work plans and take initiative to ensure timely completion
General Office Support
- Provide general office support when needed including answering phones, box office support, copying, mailings, and other administrative tasks
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in arts administration, music, nonprofit management, business or other related field is preferred
- At least one year experience working in either production or administrative position is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication necessary
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and diplomatic with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at the same time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Ovation/Tessitura a plus
- Knowledge of orchestral/classical music a plus
Job Type: Full Time – entry level position
The Chicago Philharmonic Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization’s work.
To apply, email email@example.com with your CV/resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.