The Chicago Philharmonic Society is a unique, musician-governed organization presenting top-level symphonic and chamber concerts at venues around the Chicago area. Our educational outreach initiatives reach over 4,000 participants yearly, and we are a proud partner of the Joffrey Ballet, Ravinia Festival, and other arts organizations.
The Chicago Philharmonic Society is seeking an entry-level grants writer and detail-oriented self-starter to join our administrative team.
Reports to: Development Manager
- Write applications for grants for foundations, government agencies, and corporations
- Maintain and implement grants calendar and tracker, including reporting activities
- Writes reports to government, corporate, foundations and other funders
- Collect and generate required materials for grant applications and reports
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure consistency in grants reporting
- Research and identifies new funding opportunities
- Assist the Development Manager to execute development strategy, including annual and long-range goals for grants, individual contributions, and sponsorship
- Assist the Development Manager and Executive Director with materials and preparations for communicating with donors
- Assist the Development Manager by managing donor thank you process to ensure timely acknowledgements
- Assist the Development Manager to write materials, compile recipients lists, and provide printing and mailing support for annual fundraising campaigns
- Assist the Development Manager with reporting efforts to board and executives regarding development efforts and progress
- Assist the Development Manager with planning and executing donor events
- Provide occasional concert-day assistance
- Miscellaneous administrative duties in marketing, operations, and other areas as needed
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in writing, arts/nonprofit administration, music, arts, or other related field
- At least one year experience in development/grant writing for musical, artistic, or other nonprofits
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Knowledge of orchestral/classical music a plus
- Prior experience with government agency grants a plus
- Proficiency in Ovation, Tessitura, Access, and/or other donor database software a plus
Job Type: Full Time – entry level position
The Chicago Philharmonic Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization’s work.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to email@example.com by February 16, 2018. No phone calls please.